The laboratories of the branch of the Federal State Budgetary Institution “Rosselkhozcenter” in the Stavropol Territory annually produce biological agents and biological agents to protect plants from pests and diseases. In 2022, the biomethod was applied in 26 districts of the region (more than 100 agricultural enterprises).
The total volume of treatments amounted to 266.08 thousand hectares, including against diseases – 211.49 thousand hectares, pests – 54.59 thousand hectares. The most actively used biological plant protection products are agricultural enterprises of the Budennovsky, Izobilnensky, Kursk, Georgievsky, Petrovsky, Ipatovsky, Mineralovodsky, Stepnovsky and Sovietsky districts.
Biological plant protection products are not only not inferior to chemical ones, but sometimes even surpass them due to the fact that:
– significantly reduce the cost of agricultural products due to the low cost of hectare processing. Their application is economically advantageous in comparison with chemical fungicides;
— have a high biological activity against a number of harmful objects, especially against root rot of various etiologies, including gibellinosis of winter crops;
– when using tank mixtures of chemical and biological preparations, when alternating treatments with biological and chemical preparations, the biological effectiveness of the latter increases;
– do not cause resistance;
– do not have a stressful effect on plants during processing;
– act immediately after treatment of plants;
– relieve plant stress caused by adverse weather conditions and chemical pesticides, prevent phytotoxicity;
— do not have a negative impact on the quality of agricultural products;
– increase the gluten content in the grain;
– do not require a waiting period (waiting period 1 day);
– compatible with other biological plant protection products, chemical pesticides and agrochemicals;
– environmentally friendly, harmless to humans, animals, birds, insects.
Full version on the website Application of a biological method for the protection of crops from pests and diseases in the Stavropol Territory