The weather gives hope for a good harvest, but the main thing is to follow the technology.
The prospects for the grain harvest in 2023 are under the control of the governor of the Krasnodar Territory. Last week, the head of the region, Veniamin Kondratyev, visited the Kaniv region, where he inspected the fields and held a pre-sowing meeting. On it, he outlined the main task for plant growers this year: not to reduce production volumes.
– All spring field work must be carried out with high quality and in the optimal time, taking into account the recommendations of scientists. Only together with science will we continue to collect record and high-quality crops. Last week, farmers have already started sowing spring crops. In total, 1.7 million hectares have been allocated for them. Today it is important to provide all the necessary resources – a sufficient amount of seeds, fertilizers, fuels and lubricants and components, – said Veniamin Kondratiev.
Proper organization of fertilizing crops comes to the fore. The most authoritative agricultural experts of the region speak about it today.
– Made the first stage of top dressing. Winter crops are in excellent condition, the plants are strong, they overwintered well. Harvest forecasts are good. Now it is important to make the second top dressing correctly and on time, – said the head of the department of selection and seed production of wheat and triticale of the National Grain Center named after P.P. Lukyanenko Ludmila Bespalova.
“Our crops are in good condition, but they need to be properly fed to get a decent harvest. It is necessary to find a balance of nitrogen nutrition for the ground part and phosphorus for the root system. At the same time, it is important not to lose fertilizers due to lack of moisture, – said Valentina Vasilko, professor at the Department of General and Irrigated Agriculture of KubGAU.
The recommendations of scientists are of high value for Krasnodar farmers, especially those based on field monitoring data in each district. The other day, a pre-sowing seminar in the Uspensky district was organized in its own distribution center in the village of Konokovo by PhosAgro-Kuban, a traditional partner of Krasnodar agrarians in the field of mineral plant nutrition. The company is part of the largest Russian distribution network of mineral fertilizers PhosAgro-Region (PhosAgro Group). There are five PhosAgro-Kuban distribution centers in the Kuban.
– In terms of the level of intensification of agricultural technologies, Kuban is among the leaders today, this is an indispensable condition for obtaining consistently high yields. Therefore, knowledge and experience are highly valued here. That is why, in addition to supplying high-performance mineral fertilizers, we are developing our distribution centers as centers of excellence. So that every farmer or agricultural enterprise can receive recommendations on the most effective use of PhosAgro fertilizer brands,” said Pavel Chekhlan, Director of PhosAgro-Kuban.
— The peculiarities of carrying out nitrogen early-spring feeding of winter wheat in the conditions of 2023 is that they take place in conditions of insufficient moisture supply. The main task is to help plants form a strong root system and optimal aboveground biomass. Therefore, weak crops this year require multiple top dressings, they should be fractional, small doses, – said Doctor of Agricultural Sciences, Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Chief Researcher of the Department of Breeding and Seed Production of Wheat and Triticale NTsZ Alexander Borovik.
He urged farmers to apply a creative approach to each field, plan doses flexibly, terms of fertilization, and by all means take into account the varietal responsiveness of winter wheat.
– The second feeding must be carried out before going into the tube, as a rule, 30-40 days after the first. Nitrogen from the second top dressing, applied 1-2 weeks after the first, is not used to the full extent for laying and realizing the potential productivity of the ear. This is especially important for large-eared varieties,” Alexander Borovik emphasized.
He recommended starting top dressing this year from underdeveloped and sparse crops: weakened, lagging behind in development crops need a longer period of time for intensive spring tillering and restoration of optimal stem stand. And also – from early ripening varieties that start growing early and grow intensively in early spring.
He recalled that semi-dwarf and short-stemmed lodging-resistant varieties with intensive architectonics and photosynthesis, with a high nutrient utilization factor are the most responsive to spring nitrogen fertilization.
Krasnodar agrarians have already seen from their own experience that nitrogen fertilization in spring is the most effective tool for increasing crop yields. At the same time, at the seminar, many participants shared another successful practice: the use of the liquid complex fertilizer APALIQUA NP 11:37 (LCF) in the mineral nutrition system of plants helps to increase the yield, especially in conditions of lack of moisture. In addition, it is this form of fertilizer, due to its composition, that helps to most effectively solve the main problem not only for winter, but also for spring crops: the formation of a powerful root system and optimal aboveground biomass.
— We have been working on the same technology for 8 years already: we use a sprayer to apply HUS for pre-sowing cultivation. Then we sow sunflower or corn. The yield of corn is usually 100-120 c/ha, sunflower – 35-40 c/ha. In our conditions, the technology is very effective, – the head of the peasant farm from the Novokubansky district, Leonid Grigorenko, shared his experience.
– We have already carried out the first feeding of winter crops, we are planning the next ones, and we will use HUS for winter grains. Last year we already applied this form of foliar fertilizer and saw a good effect, this season we want to calculate its effect on yield. We will also use housing and communal services in large quantities when sowing sugar beet: last year this technology was worked out, now we are introducing it into production throughout the area,” said Alexander Strashko, General Director of Agrofirma Agrosakhar-3 LLC (Prodimex Group of Companies).
— We made agrodiagnostics on our fields for the presence of moisture and nutrients. The general trend in the region is that the moisture content in a meter floor of soil is below the norm. Therefore, the use of LCS is relevant for us this year: it does not require moisture to dissolve the batteries. This year we are planning to try spraying for cultivation before sowing sunflower and corn, as well as for the main tillage in autumn before sowing winter wheat, – said Alexander Nikitenko, head of the peasant farm from the Uspensky district.
He said that he had been working with PhosAgro-Kuban for several years and highly appreciated the profitable logistics. The distribution center in the village of Konokovo is located next to its fields, and the delivery of fertilizers does not cause trouble. Convenient infrastructure is another argument for him in favor of the use of housing and communal services. In general, the information received at the seminar will help farmers avoid mistakes, choose the right mineral nutrition strategies and get a high yield.
Full version on the site Krasnodar agrarians carry out top dressing of winter and spring crops