The project documentation and the results of engineering surveys for carrying out work to preserve the cultural heritage site of regional significance “Manufacturer’s House, rich in artistic modeling in the interior”, located in the capital of the Urals on Proletarskaya Street, were reviewed and approved by the Sverdlovsk Region State Expertise Department. The expert organization is connected to the ECPE.
Today, the mansion-type house under consideration, together with other cultural heritage sites preserved on Proletarskaya (formerly Officerskaya) Street, form the historical development of the city. Initially, it was the estate of Archpriest Popov, which was bought from his heirs in 1895 by the owner of a cloth factory, merchant of the 1st guild, industrialist and hereditary honorary citizen Fyodor Zlokazov. It was he who submitted an application to the Yekaterinburg city government, announcing his intention to “rebuild a two-story stone house, re-plaster the facade and build a stone patch instead of a wooden one” and ordered the corresponding project from the architect Julius Dyutel. The project of the facade of the building, decorated with rich stucco decoration, was certified by the technical draftsman Alexander Chirkovskiy, who at that time held the position of city architect.
As a result of the restructuring and design of the adjacent territory, the space-planning composition of the Zlokazov estate, in a sense, began to correspond to the European classic scheme “a house between a yard and a garden.” The work lasted from 1896 to 1898, which is evidenced by the photo panorama made at that time by Metropolitan Veniamin Metenkov from the bell tower of the Catherine’s Cathedral.
To this day, the original architecture of the 19th century, including interiors and decorative elements, has been preserved in the house. However, in recent years, the building, recognized as an object of cultural heritage of regional significance, is not in a satisfactory condition. The design documentation, reviewed by the regional state expertise, provides for work to preserve it.
The developer of the object is Brusnika LLC. Specialized builder. The general designer is Ekaterinburg Special Scientific and Restoration Design Workshop LLC.
*Information prepared on the basis of open sources.
Photo: Anatoly Semekhin / ITAR-TASS